Monday, August 14, 2006

Wanted to take the time to thank everyone that made the Gladiolus Festival a huge success. I was very happy to have Debbie Halvorson, John Pavich, Lisa Dugan, Hank Williams Jr. and all committeemen and volunteers at my home to kick things off. The parade was great fun and very encouraging. To be loudly cheered on several occasions was a great feeling. I don't think I can remember being cheered since high school basketball. Which was more years ago than I care to remember! So again thanks to everyone especially all the people of Momence and beyond that filled the town.

1 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger K3KVE said...

Thanks for letting us use your home as a meeting place and pit stop, especially to catch some shade! It was nice, all of us together. My husband said they actually had a contingent of "confederate soldiers" in the parade, and they were firing their guns every block. Unfortunately they were also marching and firing right behind the Jesse White Tumblers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home